OCULARIST | Optometrist
Nazeem Desai has been in private practice as an optometrist since 1994, and as an ocularist, since 1999. He also lectured “Ocular Disease and Ocular Prosthetics” at UKM (National University of Malaysia) during 2010.
Post Graduate Studies:
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Ocular Disease and Pharmaceutical Application – New England College of Optometry (Boston, USA)
- Certificate of Advanced study in Neural Basis in Optometry
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease
- Certificate of Advanced contact lenses and integrated anterior segment treatment and management of ocular disease.
Ocular Prosthetics: Ocularist, Registered with the African Anaplastology and Ocularist Association and mentored by Jack Bernard.
- Bachelor of Optometry – Rand Afrikaans University
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry & Physiology) – University of the Western Cape
My Mission & Vision
I am passionate about providing all our patients with the most natural and comfortable ocular prosthesis available while using the latest techniques, technology and equipment.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry and Physiology from the University of the Western Cape (UWC), I went on to study Optometry at Rand Afrikaans University (RAU). After graduating, I began my post graduate studies in treatment and management of ocular disease through New England College of Optometry (Boston, USA). I also completed Certificates of advanced studies in ocular disease, neural basis in optometry, as well as advanced contact lenses and integrated anterior segment treatment, from the New England College of Optometry.
My mentorship in Ocularistry was by the founder of Custom eyes, Jack Bernard. I also Lectured Ocular Disease and Ocular Prosthetics at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM). I am also registered with the African Anaplastology and Ocularist Association.